Our Faculty and Staff
The College of Engineering and Computing employs over two hundred faculty and staff.
Of our 111 faculty researchers:
- 4 are SmartState® Center of Economic Excellence Endowed Chairs;
- 31 are National Science Foundation Young Investigator/CAREER award winners;
- 20 faculty hold 30 Fellowships including Fellowships in the American Society of Civil Engineers, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.;
- one is the state’s only active member of the National Academy of Engineering;
- and one is a distinguished recipient of The Order of the Palmetto, the highest civilian honor awarded by the state’s Governor (two retired faculty also hold this distinction).