Graduate Degrees and Contacts
The College of Engineering and Computing offers a diverse graduate education with some of the top researchers in the nation. We have one of the largest group of energy researchers in the southeast, with just over half of our faculty doing research in some aspect of the wide-range of energy fields including batteries, biomass, clean coal, electricity, future fuels, hydrogen, hydrogen fuel cells, photovoltaics, nuclear, solid oxide fuel cells and more. We are the only program in the state of South Carolina to offer a graduate degree program in Nuclear Energy. We are also the only program in the state to offer classes in computer game programming and design.
The recent survey data released by National Research Council ranked all of our departments for faculty research productivity as number one in the state; three of departments received top national rankings with Chemical Engineering ranking in the top 30 in the nation, Electrical Engineering, top 10, and Mechanical Engineering in the top 35 in the nation. US News & World Report has ranked the College of Engineering and Computing in the top 100 schools in the nation and the Department of Chemical Engineering in the top 50 in the nation in their Best Grad Schools 2013 report.
Areas of Study and Contacts
Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Science (MS), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Distance Education
- Aerospace Engineering: ME; MS. Program contacts: Renee Jenkins and Dr. Jinkyu Yang. Graduate Director: Dr. Jamil Khan. http://cec.sc.edu/aerospace
- Biomedical Engineering: MS; PhD. Program contact: Carol Davis. Graduate Director: Dr. Richard Goodwin. http://biomed.engr.sc.edu
- Chemical Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program contact: Marcia Rowen. Graduate Director: Dr. James Ritter. http://www.che.sc.edu
- Civil and Environmental Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program contact: Karen Ammarell. Graduate Director: Dr. Sarah Gassman. http://www.ce.sc.edu
- Computer Science and Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program Conact: Sherri Wingard. Graduate Director: Dr. Srihari Nelakuditi. http://www.cse.sc.edu
- Electrical Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program contact: Valuncha (Nat) Paterson. Graduate Director: Dr. Herb Ginn. http://ee.sc.edu
- Engineering Management: MS. Program contact: Rebecca Rinehart. Graduate Director: Dr. M. Hanif Chaudhry. http://cec.sc.edu/academic_programs/em.html
- Mechanical Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program contact: Renee Jenkins. Graduate Director: Dr. David Rocheleau. http://www.me.sc.edu
- Nuclear Engineering: ME; MS; PhD; Distance. Program contact: Renee Jenkins. Acting Program Director: Dr. Travis W. Knight. http://www.me.sc.edu/nuclear